Sunday 6 February 2022

189. Read 1 book for each month for 6 months

 



Money: A User's Guide Laura Whateley

I entered into this book as a clueless and penniless twenty-something. I'm now penniless, twenty-something and better informed. The book is written by a journalist who started out as a sociology graduate and not as an economist or banker. Thanks to this the book reads well and is very enjoyable to devour, as I did, in a few days. Unlike other self-help books the book doesn't waffle but gets straight to the point. The guides are not only practical though, but detailed and each chapter seems as important as the next.

Thanks to the book I can confidently start looking into starting a shares portfolio, saving for my pension, and I've even started using a banking app again that allows me to see in bar charts an pie charts how I spend my money.

I don't normally rate books on here but 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-55178825-1