Monday 12 September 2022

247. Visit a new city

 

Napoli

I visited the city thanks to a close acquaintance. It was my first time meeting a boyfriend's parents, and in a city I'd never ventured in. I had been to Italy though, but each time had been quite fleeting.

The experience was like something from a quintessentially Italian romp. We met the nonna, we tried the mama's expert cooking, we drove (in a fiat, sipping on sicilian lemonade) down the winding roads to the Amalfi coast, up to Possitano, and of course explored the luxurious fashionable shops of the elegant streets of Napoli.

I'd been told that, in simple terms, Napoli, is a shithole. But the reality is, it's just bad press. Naples, is a fine city. Hell, more than fine, it's a world of it's own. I've never been somewhere were nature looms over so beautifully. Vesuvius truly makes the city. Paired with the sea, it really is a dream.

The food was wonderful too, but really it was the atmosphere and sights that did it for me. It really is a most beautiful part of Italy, and somehwere to be proud to call home. I can't think of a better place to visit afresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-55178825-1