Sunday 11 September 2022

266. See a play in Portuguese

 


King Lear

I'm lucky in that I come from a town in the UK where Shakespeare is performed every year for the public. However in all my time seeing the plays I've never experienced King Lear. 

As I'm living in Portugal we went to see the play in Portuguese. I knew beforehand this would be a stretch of my language skills so I made sure to 'revise' the play before so I knew exactly what was happening. Thankfully this helped immensely and I think in the future I will do the same again.

The play itself was wonderful. It was a modern retelling, but still using formal language (had to get used to vos) and featured just three actors playing all the parts. I really loved the theater too and plan to visit again as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-55178825-1