Saturday 14 September 2019

198. Go on a date


First of all, before setting off on my date I had actually been on something that resembled a date before this point. It was with a boy, we got food together and although the date proved unromantic in the end, there had been some premise of romance beforehand. This date however, would be my first explicit date, confirmed by the fact it had been set up by an app, and therefore was concrete. The app in question; tinder, an app infamous for it's fast hook-ups and every now and again actual relationships. My mindset - pull of the plaster quickly and get it over and done with, which is essentially how it went. Although nervous and slightly jittery the whole event proved a lot easier than I'd ever imagined. I won't say it was perfect, but I didn't throw up and so for me that comes close. Am I now in a steady loving, caring relationship? No, but I feel I've come a long way and more importantly, for a twenty something I'm probably on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-55178825-1