Tuesday 8 October 2019

189. Read 1 book for each month for 6 months


I'm subscribed to booksandquills on youtube and I find her recommendations to be pretty reliable when looking for enjoyable books. This time I was drawn to her description of Circe; a feminist retelling of the Greek goddess who finds her story entwined with that of magic and Odysseus. I really loved this book, I'd probably go as far as saying it's my book of the year. The writing is very straightforward, but there are great little details throughout the epic story of objects, textures, sunlight and colours - simply the mundane, which make it slightly more magical, earthy and witchy - which I love.

If you know nothing about Greek mythology the book is also a great insight into many of stories from the canon.

I loved this book so much I'm now reading song of Achilles which I hope will be my next book of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-55178825-1