Sunday 6 February 2022

132. Make pottery

 


In December I found a ceramicist in the city I live in who offers workshops. Better yet she offered private lessons for a very reasonable price. Not wanting to enroll on a course just yet, I opted for the private, and enjoyed two days of practice. The first was spent making the pottery from clay. I made a cup using the rolling pin technique and a pinch pot espresso mug with a very expressive handle. 

Day two, we got to glaze the pots. The only difficult part was remembering not to scratch my face or eyes because of the chemicals in the glaze. After letting the tether fire the pots I ended up with twp pieces I love and use regularly. Wanting a bit of a break and practice before starting again I've even started modelling with air dry clay at the weekend. Needless to say the end result is less impressive but it's still enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-55178825-1