Thursday 19 September 2024

142. Stay in a stranger's home (not a complete stranger)

 


When completing a visit to the UK I decided to save money in Edinburgh and rent a room instead of a private one or flat on Airbnb. The host was a lady called Liz who lived alone and was quite a bit older than myself.

I arrived in the daytime to a very quiet part of Edinburgh. Most definitely the suburbs. Liz welcomed me inside quite sleepily with a plethora of chat. We talked over tea for a good hour about ourselves and our lives. Liz explained how she'd lived abroad for much of her young adult life and I assume met her husband there. She was in a way a bit like myself in that respect.

It's funny because I've always described myself as quiet and shy but at the end my review from Liz was that I was outgoing and open! It was such a welcome surprise I'd say it's had quiet a positive affect on my outlook of myself.

This said staying with a stranger is of course daunting but it has to be said if you're brave you really will discover another side to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-55178825-1