Sunday 15 September 2024

280. Visit Greece


Traveling to Greece as a single woman for some reason intimidated me slightly before, but I found in Athens, it's vibrant capital, that the only thing the city had in store for me was a wonderful welcome, and a feeling of wanting to come back and explore again.

I loved the capital. It reminded me of Naples at times -so hectic and alive, yet beautiful and full of new culture. Yet, it's eastern heritage also sparked memories of the Middle East - as did the landscape and azure waters. I only wish I'd contacted my internet friend whilst there, but still, traveling alone affords you the time to really get to personally know a city.

I managed to see so much. The acropolis, the island of Aegon, the markets and the food. I also fell in love the neighborhood of Koukaki where my airbnb was situated. When I return I'd like to tour the islands, but I'm happy that the capital will always be my first memory of Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-55178825-1