Sunday 22 September 2024

154. Help an old person with something

 


I think in my head this would be an action for a neighbour that would result in a friendship. Instead it was a 15 min intervention that yes, positively impacted the life of the poor man but only briefly.

I was walking up the hill to my house when I noticed him slumped over a bollard, bag in tow. I stopped and asked him if he needed help in Portuguese. My language skills are rusty but he accepted and we walked up the hill together, bag now in my hand, him by my side. It took some time but we reached his door. At the door he offered to pay me some coins but I replied "I have a grandpa, please no thank you." This confused him slightly but he walked into the entry and up to his house whilst I stayed by the front door and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-55178825-1